As we age, facial fat loss, gravity, and loss of the skin’s natural elasticity conspire to reverse this triangle’s composition, leading to a narrower, less youthful forehead and temple area, and a wider, heavier jawline.
The usual route to treat saggy skin was always surgical intervention however with new technologies such as dermal fillers we can now correct these problems effectively and with less downtime that is involved with surgical intervention.However surgery sometimes may still be the answer if it cannot be treated this way.
Skin Ageing- What Causes Our Skin To Age?
This is a complex biological process influenced by a combination of endogenous or intrinsic and exogenous or extrinsic factors. Because of the fact that skin health and beauty is considered one of the principal factors representing overall “well-being” and the perception of “health” in humans, several anti-ageing strategies have been developed during the last years. It is the intention of this article to review the most important anti-ageing strategies that dermatologists have nowadays in hand, including including preventive measurements, cosmetological strategies, topical and systemic therapeutic agents and invasive procedures.
Many things cause our skin to age. Some things we cannot do anything about; others we can influence.
One thing that we cannot change is the natural aging process. It plays a key role. Over time we all get lines and wrinkles forming on our face and common to lose some of its youthful plumpness. Over this period we will begin to notice our skin becoming much thinner and drier in areas . This is the intrinsic ageing part. This is the part we cannot control as well as extrinsic ageing. As we see below…
Our environment and lifestyle choices can cause our skin to age prematurely and this is called extrinsic ageing. This can be prevented and we can limit the damage caused and slow down the ageing process.
How to reduce premature skin ageing
The sun plays a major role in ageing our skin as well as other environmental factors. To help you understand please read below.
- Protect your skin with SPF daily 365 days of the year. Using our recommended ZO SkinHealth SPF products
- Apply self-tanner rather than get a tan. Limit your exposure to sunbeds
- If you smoke, give up. Smoking greatly speeds up how quickly skin ages. It causes wrinkles and a dull, sallow complexion.
- Avoid repetitive facial expressions. When you make a facial expression, you contract the underlying muscles. If you repeatedly contract the same muscles for many years, these lines become permanent. Wearing sunglasses can help reduce lines caused by squinting. Dermal Fillers and BOTOX can help with ageing. .
- Cleanse your skin daily with ZO Skinhealth programme. Our Getting Skin Ready Programme will increase collagen and stimulate those ever needed fibroblasts to keep skin healthy
- Use Retin A products from our ZO Skinhealth and ZO Medical range
There are many treatments to correct facial ageing. Here are just some treatments that can help:
Controlled Depth Peel