ULTHERAPY VERSUS OTHER ULTRASOUND MACHINES AND LASERS-WHICH WORKS BEST!
Many clients have asked us – What is the difference between HIFU and Ultherapy? Is Laser best? Why is HIFU a fraction of the price of Ultherapy? Does it work as well as Ultherapy?
Since Ultherapy® has become so successful (and used by some celebrities) a number of copy-cat versions have appeared on the market to date. None of these have been approved for use by the FDA and none have the ability to allow us to see before they treat (which is a very important safety feature). Because none of these other machines have been cleared by the FDA their ability to create the correct and precise targeted heat is unknown. If a treatment cannot create the correct level of heat to initiate the collagen and elastin production process it may feel virtually painless. You should only pay for a treatment that you feel is worth the money and Ultehrapy is that!!!
Well we know the answer and FACTS to that but let us explain the main differences and the reflection in costs. This will hopefully help you make a more informed decision when you choose between Ultherapy and HIFU treatment
Ultherapy- Is the only FDA-approved HIFU machine that lifts and tightens the neck, chin and brow, and improves lines and wrinkles on the chest. Ultherapy promises the following capabilities and delivers the best results
- The only ultrasound procedure that allows visualisation whilst treating
- Time-tested ultrasound
- Over 1 Million treatments performed worldwide.
- Single Treatment
- DEPTH- Treats tissue at 3 layers – 1.5mm, 3.0mm and 4.5mm.
- TEMPERATURE- Consistently heat the s tissue to 60-70°C, which is optimal for stimulating neocollagenesis.
- PRECISION- Precisely spaced and consistently placed coagulation points promote healing and protects healthy skin.
- IMAGING- Patented DeepSEE™ visualisation technology lets you see and treat in real time and the exact area. NO OTHER MACHINE DOES THIS
- RESULTS- One session will effectively lift from the inside out.
How do I know that my practitioner is using the Genuine Ultherapy machine- All practitioners who have purchased the genuine Ultherapy® system have been provided with a Certificate of Authenticity (like the one shown here), which we have shown in our clinic here at Renu. In addition the clinic is included on the FIND A CLINIC section of this website.
Ultherapy has over 30 published studies- No other ultrasound has this. I think based on those findings tells you Ultherapy is THE No 1 ultrasound lifting treatment.
Other HIFU machines
- DEPTH Unable to consistently heat at 3 layers – i.e. 1.5mm, 3.0mm and 4.5mm. Too shallow may cause burns and too deep can reach the bone and it can be extremely painful and no neocollagenesis occurs.
- TEMPERATURE Unable to substantiate with studies that it can heat tissue consistently to 60-70°C although manufacturers claimed that their machines can.
- PRECISION No evidence to support the claim that it can precisely target and effectively treat the tissue under the skin.
- IMAGING No real time imaging provided. Decreased safety and potentially inconsistent results, leading to reduced efficacy.
- RESULTS Unconfirmed. No supporting publication on desired outcome.
Ultherapy® uses ultrasound energy to stimulate collagen production in the skin’s foundation, resulting in a clinically significant lift of tissue over 2-3 months. Lasers rely on light energy, which typically only treat superficial skin (around 1mm in depth) and are not FDA-cleared or CE mark certified to lift skin. Lasers often result in downtime after a procedure. Ultherapy’s ultrasound energy bypasses the surface of the skin (going to depths between 1.5mm and 4.5mm), which means no downtime is required after the treatment.
So there you have it, in a nutshell- Ultherapy comes out tops every time.
Prices from £450 for upper face (eyes)
Prices from £1500 lower face (cheeks, chin and jawline
Call us on 01382 223249 to book your consultation